Sunday, March 1, 2020

March 1 - 4 weeks


Friends,

I wanted to shoot a quick update to everyone regarding the past 2 weeks.  On Tuesday, February 18, my sister-in-law set up a day of prayer and fasting for the Vorhees Family and spread it around Facebook.  If you didn’t know about Tuesday and missed it, no worries -  any other day will work.  Chemo was scheduled for Friday but I really wasn’t ready to try that yet.  I was scheduled and was going to do it, but it felt like the wrong direction.  I also had a meeting on Thursday with one last recommended natural doctor who was going to do a live blood analysis on me. 

Tuesday we knew something was going to happen, as a lot of people were praying and fasting for us.  Well, on Tuesday the 18th, people started praying – and I got the flu.  In bed all day.  102 degrees.  Sick for 3 days.  Lost 5 lbs.  Not fun.  Then I met with the last doctor, who told me chemo would be bad for me, due to lack of oxygen in my blood, and recommended another route for 6 weeks.  So I don’t feel well, now have a doctor saying chemo would be bad for me, and plan to start chemo the next day!  With my low oxygen levels I really don’t want chemo now but hate to cancel it.  BUT, my Oncologist called me on Thursday to confirm chemo, and I told her I had been sick.  She told me because of the illness, they needed to cancel the chemo until I was healthier.  Full Circle.  Big prayer day on Tues, I get sick, that leads to cancellation of chemo and another doctor’s recommendations.  This is the direction we feel is best for us.  And I think this was all part of God’s plan and timing!

I am putting off chemo for 4 weeks.  We have a very strict daily regimen I am sticking by to beat this cancer naturally.  All last week was spent working on me – my diet, my pills and powders, and my alternative treatments.  If this works, I wouldn’t need chemo.  I want to shrink the tumors back to nothing and erase this cancer.  And I believe I can do that with God’s help and the tools God gives us.  After 4 weeks, we will do a scan to see if the tumors are larger or smaller, and see what progress we’ve made if any.  I’m also learning the power of the mind when it comes to our health.  Positive thinking and visualizing the healing is a big factor in the healing process. 

The next 4 weeks will be on cruise control of sorts.  Do our daily regimen – every day – and stay healthy.  I plan on putting in a couple hours a day for work.  Need to keep the mind from going crazy.  And I need to eat.  Weight gain will be a positive indicator of success.  And I still need to believe that God has some cool things in the works.  Overall, we are feeling very positive with things at this point.  Trying to live a normal life.  We appreciate all the prayers, thoughts, comments, meals, texts – and everything else from all of you.  Your genuine concern has been very encouraging to us and helps us get through the good and the not-so-good days, knowing we are not tacking this alone, but have a ton of help at our fingertips.  We continue to say thank you for the support.  We continue to trust God’s plan.  We are looking forward to the end of this journey, and a long life ahead!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment